Job Title: Programme Coordinator - Medical Education
Department: Centre for Education & Professional Competence
Reporting to: Director of Strategic Development & Standards or nominee
Base: 4/5 Lincoln Place, Dublin 2, D02 XR68, Ireland / Hybrid Working
Hours per week: 35 hours per week with some out of hours work required
The ICGP Centre for Education and Professional Competence provides a diverse range of continuing education
for members (GPs) and others (Medical Council/ HSE/ Postgraduate training bodies) and this role will support
the coordination and delivery of these educational activities.
The successful candidates will be an accomplished multitasker responsible for providing professional, efficient,
and highly technical administrative support for the smooth running of online, blended and in-person education
programmes and projects. The College is at an exciting time of change and development so the successful
candidate will be flexible, technically competent and capable of dealing with and managing change effectively.
The Irish College of General Practitioners (ICGP) is the professional body for general practice in Ireland. The
College was founded in 1984 and is the Postgraduate Training Body (PGTB) for general practice accredited by
the Irish Medical Council. The College's primary aim is to serve the patient and the general practitioner by
encouraging and maintaining the highest standards of general practice. It is responsible for postgraduate
education, training, and standards in general practice.
The College advises Government and the health services in relation to General Practice. The College is a member
of the World Organisation of National Colleges and Academies and Academic Associations of General Practice
(WONCA). As a membership organisation, the ICGP is responsible for providing continuing medical education
for General Practitioners numbering over 4,000.
Since March 2021, the ICGP holds primary responsibility for postgraduate specialist medical training in the
specialty of General Practice.
Key Result Areas (KRAs)
1. Co-ordinate the delivery of ICGP education programmes and projects providing end-to-end
2. Liaise with and facilitate content preparation by subject matter experts including managing recording,
editing videos to the ICGP standards.
3. Prepare and upload education content including videos, assessment questions and evaluations to the
virtual learning platform (Moodle) including usability testing and the resolution of queries to ensure a
seamless user experience for access by specific cohorts of course participants
4. Provide the full suite of administrative supports to all stakeholders before, during and after in person
and online events for large audiences (up to 1500 GPs and Practice Nurses).
5. Liaise with and support GP Programme Directors in key deliverables for their programmes and projects
6. Coordinate, attend and support committee meetings including agenda management, minute taking,
tracking actions and working with Chairs/Members of College Committees to complete prioritised
objectives, liaising with external stakeholders as appropriate
7. Source, analyse and utilise data from a range of systems to prepare reports on education development
and delivery which inform education.
8. Administer social media and website content in a professional capacity to disseminate news about ICGP
education e.g., twitter, blogs, record podcasts.
9. Develop and update Standard Operating Procedures within the Centre.
10. Proactively participate in the Performance Management (Job Chats) process and contribute to team
dynamics and ongoing professional development. Keep up to date with online learning tools, software
11. Offer expert knowledge, support and engage, when required, with senior management and across ICGP
to contribute to the overall ICGP strategy.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills, expertise and competencies:
Qualifications & experience
• Educated to degree level 8, or equivalent, ideally in event management subject
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar coordinator / administrative role
• Excellent organisational, basic project management skills and high level of accuracy and
attention to detail
• Must have advanced user of standard software including the full MS Office suite and
ability to operate efficiently across multiple information systems and competent excel
skills. Excel skills may be tested at interview.
• Must have operational skills in virtual meeting tools e.g. Zoom webinar, Zoom Educator,
• Previous experience in virtual learning platform such as Moodle would be an advantage.
• Previous experience in video editing and email marketing tools would be an advantage.
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships in support of ICGP education programmes
• Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines and be flexible
• Strong writing skills with experience in drafting reports for diverse audiences, presentations,
collaborative documents, committee minutes
• Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills combined with sound judgement to facilitate
working with a diverse range of individuals and groups
• Proven organisation capability and high levels of personal effectiveness with ability to handle a
varied workload to meet deadlines while ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
• Self-starter with high motivation and ability to work flexibly on own initiative and as part of a team to
achieve goals within agreed timeframes
Applications, by means of a CV and a cover letter (1 page) stating why you feel you are suitable
for this position, should be addressed to Dr Helen McVeigh, Director of Strategic Development
and Standards and sent to: [email protected]
General queries may be addressed in the first instance to Human Resources – email: [email protected]
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday 15 July 2022