Newsday.ie is a news website operated by a non-profit company, Newsday Trust CLG.
Newsday.ie is currently in testing 'Beta' mode, however, we are fully operational at present and are already promoting our website through social media and google news.
We are looking for Junior Reporter(s) to join our team and write about Irish news.
Working remotely, these positions are an excellent opportunity for energetic people looking for a start in the industry in order to gain experience, increase their name recognition and build a national profile.
The positions might also suit someone with experience currently working freelance, returning to the sector or looking to build on their current profile and career experience.
- 3 Month Internship
- Write Irish news articles picked from our rolling Newsdesk spreadsheet. (Remotely)
- Pitch stories not suggested by the Newsdesk
- Contact sources, investigate stories and look for quotes from public representatives if necessary.
- Write articles based on incoming press releases for publication.
- Present stories with the use of photojournalism whenever the opportunity arises.
- Promote stories/articles through twitter and other social media outlets.
- The ability to work remotely and on own inititive.
- Reporters will receive full editing support.
Newsday Trust CLG is a not for profit company. We are looking at new and innovative ways to reward contributors while meeting the new challenges that face the industry.
* Newsday.ie plans to pay a shared percentage of advertising revenue to contributors in the very near future.
* Flexible, part-time/full-time.
Send cover letter and CV to [email protected]
NEWSDAY TRUST CLG is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee.