At The Convention Centre Dublin (The CCD), we have a vision – ‘to be the world’s favourite venue,
experts in delivering world-class events, positively impacting the world around us.”
The Convention Centre Dublin (The CCD) is Ireland’s first purpose-built, international conference
venue, located on Dublin’s North Wall Quay. Since opening in September 2010, we have hosted over
2,000 events for a range of Irish and international clients and won 56 awards. Our aim is to offer our
clients and visitors an unrivalled event experience as we continue to position Ireland on the world
stage for international conferences and events.
At The CCD, we live and breathe our values, which include a ‘relentless passion for exceptional
service’. At every point of our customer journey, we are focused on the highest levels of service and
customer care, and we look for individuals who share this passion and commitment.
We are currently seeking an Exhibition, Rigging and Stage Technician to join our Technical Team
at The Convention Centre Dublin.
At The CCD, we recruit the best and in return, we offer an excellent benefits package. This includes:
• A competitive salary
• A flexible working environment, in a city centre location
• Bike to Work Scheme, with Employer Contribution
• Corporate Pension Scheme, with Employer Contribution
• 23 days annual leave, with additional days rewarded based on length of service up to a maximum of 27 days
• On site staff restaurant
• Paid Maternity Leave (26 weeks) and Paternity Leave (2 weeks)
• Comprehensive Health Insurance
• Workplace wellbeing programme
• Training and development opportunities
• Employee Assistance Programme
All benefits are provided at the discretion of The CCD and can be amended or withdrawn if/when it is deemed necessary to do so.
To provide Exhibition Management, Technical Stage Management and Rigging Services to events at
The CCD, delivering on the stage management and rigging requirements of our clients in a manner
that supports and develops The CCD’s reputation as a premium venue.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Work closely with the client, production manager and event manager on delivery of Exhibition,
staging and rigging requirements
• To work alongside the other Exhibition, Rigging and Stage Technician
• To be a CCD point of contact for Exhibitions
• Responsible for collating and reviewing client exhibition plans, RAMS and Fire certs
• Responsible for the upsell of power, rigging and lighting for exhibitions
• Work as the floor manager on exhibition build and break–down. Duties to include ensuring all
exhibition builders have submitted and adhere to appropriate Risk assessments and method
• Carry out the role of Stage Manager as required on events
• Assist with complete technical set-up of standard conferences (including sound, lighting, AV)
• Work as a team member on larger events, taking direction from Production Manager or
Senior Technician – including build, live and post-event stages
• Responsible for ensuring effective use, timely maintenance and upkeep of staging and rigging
• Responsible for maintaining safe working practices at all stages of event operation
• Responsible for reporting all defects of equipment / structure
• Responsible for performing first line maintenance, stock control, storage and cleaning of all
staging and rigging equipment as required
• Operate in a manner consistent with the Customer Care philosophy of The CCD
• Actively support the H&S objectives of The CCD
• Comply with all CCD policy, procedures and protocols
• Other activities as reasonably requested by Head of Technical Production, Head of Technical
Client Services or Technical Production Manager
The ideal candidate will have:
• Significant proven experience in stage management, rigging and/or fly-towers.
• Good all-round understanding of sound, AV & lighting especially where it impacts on rigging
• Experience training stage crew an advantage
• Evidence of strong customer service focus
• Strong team-working skills
• Strong communication skills
If you are interested in this role, please submit a CV accompanied by the responses to the
questions below, to [email protected] by 8th July 2022.
Q1. Please outline (in 200 words or less) what relevant experience you do have in relation to Event Exhibition, Rigging and Stage Management?
Q2. What are your salary expectations and when would you be available to commence work?
Q3. Are you eligible to work in Ireland?