Applications to be a Festival Volunteer at Audi Dublin International Film Festival are now open!
The Audi Dublin International Film Festival is bringing the world’s best films to Dublin between 16th-26th February 2017, and to make sure it’s programme of over 130 films, special events and guest appearances runs picture perfect, the Festival needs a team of smart, enthusiastic volunteers who are ready to pull together and make the Festival a success.
Help will be needed in areas such as venues, hospitality, office administration, production, ticketing, promotions, marketing and communications so whether you are welcoming Festival-goers to a venue and making sure that they’re getting the most out of the festival or helping behind the scenes at ADIFF HQ it’s a great way to get first-hand insight into the inner workings of an international entertainment event.
The Festival takes its volunteers seriously and is proud of the diverse and committed group of people from Dublin and much further afield who generously give their time and who often return year after year. It’s also a chance for volunteers to build up experience, explore the city in a new way and to make new connections – both whilst on the job and of course relaxing after a film at the Festival Club.
Depending on individual availability, volunteers can either apply to be full-time (a minimum of one shift per day during the Festival) or part-time. Each volunteer needs to be able to commit to a minimum of 5 volunteering shifts.
Volunteer applications are now open! Go to www.diff.ie/about/volunteers for more information and to download an application and make sure to apply before 5pm on January 13th, 2017. You must be over 18 to apply. Questions, comments or queries can be sent to John McHale, Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
Patrick Stewart, ADIFF Publicity Manager on email@example.com | Tel + 353 (0)1 662 4620 | +353 (0) 83 003 4595
About Audi Dublin International Film Festival (16-26 Feb 2017)
Founded in 2003, the Dublin International Film Festival sets the agenda of the year with its programme of outstanding Irish and International film. Offering unique access to plethora of filmmaking talent, the festival transforms Dublin into a hub of glamour, creativity and film appreciation.
Over the past fourteen years the festival has hosted over 550 major guests, including winners of the festival’s prestigious Volta Award such as Al Pacino, Julie Andrews, Danny DeVito, Daniel Day-Lewis, Joss Whedon Brendan Gleeson Angela Lansbury, Stanley Tucci, Stellan Skarsgård, Kristin Scott Thomas and Ennio Morricone.
The festival has screened world cinema from 52 different countries, a total of almost 1,500 films, of which 300 were Irish features including Irish premieres of Sing Street, Once, Ondine, In Bruges, Calvary, The Stag and The Secret of Kells. The festival’s young people’s programme Fantastic Flix is expanding each year, engaging schools and families and building a new generation of film fans.
Audi is Ireland's leading premium car brand. Vorsprung durch Technik combines, progression, sportiness and sophistication, and is at the core of Audi's car-building philosophy. Audi leads the way in technological and engineering excellence, pioneering new innovations, such as quattro®, for a truly unique driving experience.
The Dublin International Film Festival is sponsored by Audi, and funded by The Arts Council and The Irish Film Board.
Events and Wedding Planning Opportunity at Aislinn Events
We are independent wedding and elopement planners based in Co Kerry specializing in Ireland as a destination for weddings. We plan and coordinate events all over the country for our couples who mainly live abroad. We have been in business since 2010 getting bigger and busier every year! Be sure to have a look around our websites AislinnEvents.com and ElopetoIreland.com to get a feel for us, what we do and for our brand.
About the position – This is currently a part time position with the view growing your hours as you help us expand the business. The job is really part administration, part PA, part wedding planner, part sounding board, part marketing and part wedding coordinator! A great opportunity for the right person for sure!
There will be daily work remotely from your own home answering email enquiries, scheduling appointments, preparing contracts and corresponding with our couples by email. The candidate will help the business grow by promoting our work and what we do on various Social Media platforms, and helping with blog posts by choosing images, sizing them and uploading them to WordPress based website. Attendance on wedding days will be required on occasion with the view to training them to coordinate elopements on their own. All wedding days will be known well in advance.
About you – The perfect candidate would be enthusiastic, have a great customer service skills, generally be good with people and have the genuine desire to help people at the most treasured time in their lives. The candidate will be organized and take directions well, have common sense and the ability to think on their feet. A sense of style/good aesthetic will be important, great communication, good language and computer skills are essential as is the ability to work well on their own.
Own transportation will be required and living within Munster would be a bonus!
So email us your CV, tell us what makes you great, how you will fit right in and why you want the job to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be in touch!
You may be also interested in: Diploma in Event Management
If you've written out a marketing strategy, you’re already ahead of the game: Too many companies neglect the act of formalizing their plans, instead relying on general ideas and improvisation, which almost never turns out well.
Thinking through and documenting your strategy separates you from the pack, but there’s a harsh truth about that first draft you whipped up in the meeting room:
It probably sucks.
Like novels, poetry, scripts and any other form of creative writing, the first draft of your marketing strategy will rarely be the quality you need. So, why is that, and how can you fix it? Read on.
1. You’re working through assumptions.
Most first drafts of marketing strategies are built on previously existing assumptions. Some of these may be based on data, but the majority are usually based on assumptions. For example, you might assume that your target demographic will appreciate a certain angle of humor in your next round of advertisements, but you don't have anything to back that up other than anecdotal evidence and gut instinct.
Assumptions aren’t always bad; in fact, if you’re experienced enough, they can be highly valuable. However, when the major portion of a document is based on speculation, its accuracy should be called into question.
2. Marketing is a process of change.
Effective marketing isn’t about coming up with the best premeditated strategy; marketing is a process of testing, making changes and optimizing. Nobody ever succeeded by assembling campaign ideas and executing them flawlessly.
Instead, people work their way up, AB testing and experimenting with new directions, until they eventually mold their campaigns into something that works. There are cases when the first draft of your marketing strategy works somewhat well, yet there's still room for improvement.
3. You haven’t tried anything yet.
You have no experimental data to identify whether or not your marketing strategy is effective. If you did, what you're working on now wouldn’t be a first draft. Because you lack experience executing this type of marketing strategy for this type of business, that lack of expertise will almost always lead you astray.
So, until you put what expertise you do have to practical use and start gathering information in a grounded environment, you’ll miss the important foundational details.
4. The 'known unknowns'
There will be sections of your marketing strategy that you intentionally leave blank; you may not know how long you’ll run the ads, or which social platforms you’ll use to syndicate your content. Consider these the “known unknowns.”
Although you aren’t sure how these factors will play out, you recognize them as variables, and you’ve accounted for their unpredictability. However, in the first draft of your marketing strategy, you’ll fail to account for the known unknowns -- those variables and bits of information you’re oblivious to but know are out there. These could be significant, and could potentially derail your entire campaign.
What to do about it
So now that I’ve established why it is that first drafts are always lacking, what can you do about it?
- Accept the truth. If you go into the situation understanding that your first draft will likely stink, your expectations will be lower and you won’t be surprised or disappointed when your execution doesn’t yield an enormous return. You’ll also spend less time worrying about the minutiae of your plans, and more time preparing for future rounds of revision.
- Do your research beforehand. It’s impossible to update yourself on everything, but if you do proactive research, you’ll come in armed with the best and most accurate information possible. This will mitigate some of the errors and miscalculations that are inherently present in your first draft (though it won’t eliminate them entirely).
- Include multiple brains in the brainstorming process. If you can, include several different team members when drafting the first round of your marketing strategy. Each team member will have different experiences and insights to add to the process; this will reduce the tendency to neglect “known unknowns,” as a team effort will reduce the number of collective blind spots, and generally result in a more thoroughly thought-out plan.
- Set short-term goals and action items. Don’t look too far ahead. Set short-term goals and establish action items only for the next few days and weeks. Setting ambitious long-term goals in the early planning stages is an exercise in futility; they’ll likely change, and, besides, short-term goals will help you build early momentum.
- Keep to an outline format. You know your strategy is going to change eventually, so don’t waste time trying to flesh out every little detail of your plan. Instead, think of your first draft more as an outline. Include the high-level points you know will remain consistent until the end, and a flexible framework that will accommodate any future additions or subtractions easily.
- Be ready to switch it up. Incorporate a plan for changes into the draft of your marketing strategy. Planning to make adjustments will keep your team in the right frame of mind when you first implement your strategy in a live environment. Adaptability is key here.
If you follow these rules, you’ll stand a much better chance of producing a marketing strategy that sticks -- or at least one that’s more easily modified down the road.
The best part is, these rules and considerations apply to almost any marketing strategy you can think of -- from traditional advertising to inbound online marketing. As you gain experience, your strategy will get better and better.
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About the Role
Workday is looking for a Data Conversion Consultant who has complete project lifecycle experience in a data conversion role. Experience with packaged HRMS/Financial systems is preferred. This position requires a self-motivated, customer-focused professional with strong follow-through who consistently keeps commitments to customers and fellow employees. You will be the primary customer point of contact for data conversion between the project team and customers.
- Work directly with customers, functional consultants and integration consultants to establish conversion approach, complete migration of configuration and to complete the data conversion / load of customer data into Workday
- Understand technical data conversion issues, expertly resolve issues and communicate solutions
- Become a functional expert in one or more Workday functional areas (e.g., HRMS, Payroll, Financials)
- Assist customers with their data extract, explaining the conversion process, defining data requirements, and working with them to correct data in their legacy systems and prepare for the data conversion cycle
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and mentor/coach the team on Data Conversion best practices
- Demonstrable experience consulting for enterprise software applications with a focus on the data conversion process
- Experience with the complete software project lifecycle, understanding of the importance of data conversion and the time commitment involved
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated on the job experience with ETL software
- Passion for data accuracy and completeness
- Familiarity with web services and an appetite for learning more
- Strong technical problem solving skills, with an ability to troubleshoot complex issues
- Exceptional research skills and resourcefulness
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner, motivated to understand various technologies used at Workday
- Strong planning, scheduling, and organization skills
- Can work in a fast paced, fast-growth, high-energy environment and deal with multiple high priority activities concurrently
- Team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with all stakeholders; i.e. developers, technical operations, and customers
- Experience with PeopleSoft, SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Netsuite, Taleo - nice to have
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Please apply here.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Meeting & Sales Executive to join our team here at Powerscourt Hotel, Resort & Spa.
The ideal candidate for this position must have previous experience in a similar role, ideally in a four or five-star hotel.
The successful candidate will provide such events with a consistent, high level of service throughout the event process. Through coordination with the customer, the sales team, and the hotel departments, the MSE Executive takes total responsibility for the successful production of the events assigned. Document preparation and communication meets customer (internal and external) requirements for the event. Recognizes opportunities to upsell the customer and suggestively sells enhancements to create a better overall event.
Please apply here.
- Manage enquiries from journalists and other media contacts in a professional and timely manner
- Prepare press releases, reports and information updates for all media outlets
- Assist in planning and organising media events, interviews and press conferences, providing the appropriate briefing notes and information
- Manage a number of journalistic service contracts, monitoring and reporting on the service provision
- Monitor and report on relevant coverage of racing and our client across all media platforms
- Co-ordinate the design, printing and distribution of corporate publications
- Research the political, economic, social and legal environment affecting the Irish racing industry
- Manage the online press office section within the website, coordinating and implementing regular content updates
- Other Ad hoc duties as required to support the Marketing/Digital Marketing Team
- Two to three years’ experience in a busy press office coupled with first-class writing ability, proof-reading and editing skills
- Thorough understanding of digital communications and the integration of social media in the press office function.
- and provide social media cover
- Third level qualification in Public Relations or Journalism
- Thorough understanding and knowledge Irish racing industry
- Passion for the racing industry with flexibility in terms of hours to attend occasional race meetings
Job Type: Contract
Salary: €43,000.00 /year
Please apply here.
This is an exciting, dynamic role for a smart, motivated and enthusiastic sales and marketing executive who will be working to accelerate growth increase awareness of our burgeoning brands.
Working out of our City Centre Recording Studio and Offices, the successful candidate will work closely with the CEO to deliver on our existing sales and marketing strategy, convert customer enquiries and drive sales growth.
- tweakel.com is our production training hub. We deliver online, innovative and interactive radio production training to education, broadcast and institutional sectors. Our courses cover everything from radio presentation to video editing.
- singfactory.ie is the home of the Superstar Recording Experience. We create memorable studio popstar experiences for thousands of customers in our city centre studio. To meet demand, we recently launched The Vocal Coach - Ireland's first mobile recording studio.
The ideal candidate will
- Have relevant sales and marketing experience
- Proven telesales ability
- Be results driven, self-motivated, determined and excited by new challenges
- Be organised, focused, dedicated and disciplined
- have excellent reporting and analytical skills
- have strong written and verbal communication skills
- be dependable, reliable and efficient.
- willing to accept a challenge and motivated by the idea of working on dynamic, innovative marketing opportunities.
- excellent at multitasking and a stickler for detail
- committed, enthusiastic, determined and eternally energetic
Roles and Responsibilities will include
- meeting weekly and monthly sales targets
- social media planning, scheduling and updates
- creating and monitoring outgoing email campaigns
- working with our production team to deliver amazing festival, event and training experiences
- dealing with inbound leads, sales calls and enquiries
- lead generation, database management and CRM update and administration
- Management and analysis of PPC campaigns.
- drafting of press release and PR campaigns
You’ll get bonus points for proven success with Google Adwords, Analytics and any social media savvyness.
Our clients include
Budweiser, Ryanair, DCU, Laya Healthcare, Dunnes Stores, BBC, RTE, FM104, Paddy Power, Foroige, Micks Garage, Red Cow Hotel, The Voice UK, Gaiety School Of Acting, Chivers, Accountancy Ireland, Croke Park Hotel, Frank Keane Volkswagen
30k with On Target Earnings. Potentially UnCapped Thereafter
How To Apply
email email@example.com with brief cover letter and CV. Please include any marketing materials
or work samples if relevant
Find Out More
tweakel.com and singfactory.ie are part of the Tinpot Productions Group.
Mechanical & Electrical Coordinator €40k plus transport neg
Main building contractor involved in a range of projects including commercial, hotels, leisure, industrial, and residential. This company is experiencing growth in Ireland and Europe and an opportunity exists for an Electrician, studying Construction Project Management with Fitzwilliam Institute to join a dynamic and growing team.
The work will mainly be based in Dublin.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Work within a management supervisory team to coordinate the scope of works of the Electrical and Mechanical services
· Prepare and submit method statements for all aspects of the works
· Attend design team site meetings and prepare and submit progress reports on a weekly basis
· Manage regular service coordination site meetings to ensure smooth running of project
· Keep daily site records
· Agree in advance with service subcontractors the format of all works
· Site management of specialist subcontractors
· Coordination with building finishes supervisors
The candidate will be experienced working on a range of commercial projects
Good understanding of Mechanical and Electrical
To apply, please contact Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VAULT Festival 2017 - Festival Assistant - Hands on festival and events experience and guidance in the arts world
VAULT Festival is looking for passionate individuals who are keen to gain hands-on experience in delivering complex live events, particularly in the arts industry.
This is a voluntary position for those aged 18+, perfect for those interested in pursuing a career in event management, festival production or arts management. The Festival Assistants would be with us from the first day of installing the festival (January 16th) to the last of the get out (March 10th), so they will get an incredibly detailed and comprehensive experience.
As part of the Festival Assistants programme, we will offer:
Access to a series of Festival Assistant workshops taking place throughout the duration of the festival with the Festival Directors, the festival team (including Front of House, Stage Manager, Tech, etc.) and other partners;
The opportunity to shadow one of our core team members, to gain an insight in a specific department;
Constructive personal feedback on their work. One-to-one sessions will be scheduled after the completion of ten shifts;
A Festival Pass which allows the Festival Assistants to see any show (if not sold out at close of doors) for free;
Travel and food expenses are covered.
What is VAULT Festival?
S3 Connected Health are pioneering how healthcare is delivered. In a world where the population is ageing, where there is a greater prevalence of chronic diseases and steeply rising healthcare costs; technology is central to the effective delivery of care.
Since 2004 we have been working with pharma, healthcare providers and medical device vendors. We design and deliver innovative and effective Connected Health services for the mutual benefit of patients, care providers, payers and pharma companies.
S3 Group have a Dublin-based R&D team working on a pioneering healthcare product offering. We are looking for a Junior Java Developer with broad experience in commercial applications who possesses a passion for pushing web technologies to the limit and will work with our talented team of engineers to design and build the next generation of Connected Health applications.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Develop applications working closely with other front end/back end developers contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Unit test code for robustness, usability and general reliability
- Identify and correct bottlenecks, fix bugs and improve application performance
- Help maintain code quality, development processes and automated testing
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency and presenting these for architectural review
The successful candidate will have at least:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
- 2 years working experience in commercial applications using Java platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Experience in Spring Cloud and Spring Boot
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and ability to work in both international and multifunctional teams
Experience in the following areas is a distinct advantage:
- Knowledge of RDBS and/or NOSQL (e.g. Oracle, MongoDB)
- Experience with TDD
- Agile methodologies
- Medical or Clinical domain awareness
- Software Development in a regulated environment – ISO13485/IEC62304
We are looking for individuals who are self-motivated and ambitious and developers who are looking for a challenging role in a fast-moving team environment. This will be a multinational program and some travel may be involved.
About S3 Group Connected Health
Founded in 1986, S3 Group, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, focuses on three business areas: Connected Health, TV Technology and Semiconductors, and has over 350 employees located in Ireland, USA, Poland, Czech Republic , Portugal, Singapore and Brazil.
S3 Connected Health is challenging how healthcare will be delivered to you, your family and generations to come. With ageing populations and increasing healthcare costs, technology is central to the cost-effective, patient-centric delivery of care. S3 Group designs, develops and delivers Connected Health services and solutions for healthcare providers, pharmaceutical companies and medical device vendors who are using connected health to deliver better business and clinical outcomes.
Our domain knowledge and experience spanning the technological, clinical, business and regulatory aspects of Connected Health has enabled to design award winning products and services that have impacted care delivered to millions of patients worldwide.
S3 Group Value Proposition:
- With S3 Group you will have the opportunity to work in this high growth and fast paced industry where technology meets healthcare and the opportunities are enormous.
- You will work as part of an ambitious, dynamic team with huge passion, enthusiasm and knowledge of the sector.
Should you be interested in applying please email your CV to: email@example.com