The Cultural Events officer is part of the HAII fundraising team. The cultural events officer will create, market and manage cultural events and celebrations, working with a range of partners, and community groups. This role requires an organised person with a commitment to delivering high-quality events. The candidate will need to be a good-natured, highly-motivated and flexible individual, willing to utilise a wide range of event management skills including administration, volunteer management, offline marketing of events. The officer must have a passion for working with different communities and relish any challenges that face you. The successful applicant will need to work under their own initiative, demonstrate a rigorous attention to detail and remain positive whilst meeting tight deadlines under pressure. The work hours are 40 hours per week. At times, the officer will need to put in extra hours to get the work done to meet deadlines.
Skills Requirements Excellent organizational skills, ability to priorities and to multi-task. Fluency in English and Arabic. Good communicator and presenter. Ability to lead and motivate a volunteer team. Good with budgets. Experience in developing strong community links with marginalised groups. Events management skills. Excellent networking skills. Flexibility to work around the needs of the Charity. Reliable/good at hitting deadlines. Ability to use initiative.
Salary: €30,000 Department Fundraising Team
Number of Positions 1
Contract Type Permanent
Days, Hours & Start Date Days per week: 5
Hours per day: 8
Hours per week: 40
Start Date: 01/08/2016
Experience Required: Fully Experienced
Min. Experience: 1 Year
How To Apply
To apply for this job, please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Supporting the Communications Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of marketing communications campaigns either strategic advertising or tactical promotional campaigns.
The ideal candidate will display a good understanding and application of techniques and tools used to implement communication campaigns working closely with internal stakeholders and external advertising, promotional, media and PR agencies. The person will keep up to date on latest best practice and ways to combine off-line and on-line campaigns for consumers and trade audiences. Execution, monitoring and reporting of 2-3 national advertising and a minimum of 4 tactical promotional campaigns annually. This role typically requires a flexible approach to responding to requests for and implementation of tactical campaigns. Working with external agency to implement campaigns. Monitoring and reporting on competitor promotional activities that are relevant to the whole organisation.
- Ensure familiarity with risk management programmes including BCP, as they impact on own area, and follow
appropriate risk management procedures to control, monitor and report on business activities and follow appropriate risk management procedures to control, monitor and report on business activities
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, regulatory, professional and legal requirements
- Ensure familiarity with and assist in the development of risk management programmes
- Delivery of requests for marketing support from internal customers
- Deliver all activities to high quality but cost effective way
- Contribute to the successful delivery of the marketing plan
- To play an active part in generating creative ideas / ways to support our business retention and sales plans
- Produce and copy-write promotional literature
- Support the development of the sales/campaign activity plan
- Implement a range of campaigns for both sales and advertising related campaigns
- Work with CI & eTeam to identify customer targets and content for campaigns/communications.
- Responsible for effective implementation of internal communications such as canteen/lift and intranet messaging
Develop and maintain good day to day relationships with stakeholders
internal: compliance , sales channels, design and eTeam ;
- external: marketing contacts in partners and with external creative/PR agencies
- internal: compliance , sales channels, design and eTeam ;
This is a great opportunity for a Marketing Communications Specialist to gain great experience with an amazing company while working with an award winning team. If you would like to discuss this opportunity in more detail please contact me at any time on 014321555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“If I was down to my last dollar, I’d spend it on public relations”, Bill Gates said. And the vast majority of businesses and organisations worldwide agree with him, as demand for Public Relations Professionals rises and salaries increase extensively year on year. According to recent stats:
- 9 in 10 companies use Public Relations, as part of their strategies.
- The average salary for Public Relations Professionals increased by 15% this year, reaching €60,000.
- Demand for Public Relations specialists increased by 24% in 2015 and is expected to grow again by 30% this year.
Public relations has always played its part in the marketing mix, even if it was added to plans late and rarely recognized like other disciplines. But the emergence of skippable, blockable, opt-out-able advertising, not to mention ever-more integrated campaigns, means PR can suddenly demand more than a supporting role—and maybe even take center stage.
At the Consumer Electronics Show last week in Las Vegas, Coldwell Banker deployed its internal PR team and CooperKatz & Co. to talk about how smart home tech will affect the selling and buying of residential real estate.
"Our smart home strategy is a result of my challenge to our PR internal department and CooperKatz to craft a three-year plan that moves us beyond traditional public relations, and into the digital age and strategic partnerships," said Coldwell Banker Chief Marketing Officer Sean Blankenship. "There is no better discipline than this in today's transformative and interactive marketing landscape."
H&R Block Chief Marketing Officer Kathy Collins said advertising may still be dominant, but PR is rising. "We are now spending more on PR, especially around our cause-marketing program on improving teen financial literacy, Dollars & Sense," she said. "We're also doing more PR around our partnership with the NBA and social media, for example."
Clients increasingly understand that marketing is multichannel, and that the digital and experiential spaces lend themselves to magnification by PR, said Harris Diamond, McCann Worldgroup chairman-CEO. "If you have the idea at the center, all platforms are necessary to amplify that idea above and beyond paid media," he said. "More and more CMOs are recognizing the power and importance of PR, and I'm seeing more practitioners in the field being involved in integrated campaigns and that's dramatically accelerated PR's pace."
More important, Mr. Diamond said, the "idea can come from anywhere."
At Chobani, where PR has always been a weapon to battle bigger-spending rivals, the discipline is becoming increasingly vital, according to Peter McGuinness, CMO for the Greek yogurt brand. The growing importance of PR is not only a Chobani development, he said, but a "macro-category trend" because of highly curious consumers and the increasing need to reach them with brand information.
Edelman, the largest independent PR agency, is "getting not just a seat at the table, we're getting half the table," said Jackie Cooper, global chair-creative strategy at the firm.
Where PR used to be tacked onto a campaign after the creative was finished, Edelman is now working with brands and advertising agencies from the very beginning. The agency has been working hand-in-hand with Adobe's creative teams, for example, from the start of the creative process to build digital activations for the software company's creative products. Edelman won the Gold PR Lion in 2015 at Cannes for its work on the Adobe Photoshop "Murder Mystery" campaign.
Rising fortunes for PR, however, don't always mean agencies in other disciplines understand how to work with their PR partners.
It's "not really traditionally understood by many," said Claudia Strauss, CEO of Grey Activation & PR. That's why her team trains all agency staffers, helping them figure out what will grasp attention outside of paid assets. "We're not buying eyeballs," she said. "When you buy an ad, you're guaranteeing eyeballs, but when you're earning, you need to engineer the content for news—you don't have a choice."
Sarah Hofstetter, CEO of 360i, who worked in communications earlier in her career, said PR agencies are waking up to the power they can yield beyond media relations. "Marketers really look at how they get the biggest bang for their buck and making their work talkable certainly extends the reach," she said.
While 360i is a digital marketing agency at its core, Ms. Hofstetter added that she frequently puts on her PR hat to come up with ideas for clients that consumers will care about and want to share.
Likewise, Kelli Parsons, senior VP-chief communications and marketing officer at New York Life, says the insurance company has recently observed a need for PR to integrate more strongly as part of the overall solution, specifically when delivering messages about brand purpose.
That means lead agency Anomaly is tasked with ensuring its other partners—Weber Shandwick and Mediavest—are working cohesively to execute strategy and collaborate on ideas.
Ideally, all agencies would get along, but Edelman's Ms. Cooper admitted it's "a little bit of a turf war, and it would be romantic to say otherwise."
Edelman neither wants to replicate an ad agency nor go back to being the PR agency it was in the past. It is building a new marketing communications agency that is "earned-centric and social by design," according to Ms. Cooper. The agency is also focused on figuring out new ways to measure the return on investment from its campaigns.
Even though many agencies are adding new capabilities to try to create one-stop shops, Mr. Diamond said the smart firms will primarily focus on what they know best.
"I don't see a world where marketing gets so blurred that everyone will be experts in in-store, out-of-home, TV, radio, print and PR," he said. "I see a world of specialists who can build on each other and exploit an idea by bringing those skills together and having inherent knowledge of each space."
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Worker whose role is to work with the clients of Dublin Simon Community to implement and carry out effective care and case management, with the objective of progression to and sustainment of long term accommodation.
This role is rewarding and varied allowing the individual to use their skills and knowledge to ensure effective outcomes for our clients.
Working in a professional role and environment, core responsibilities include:
Relationship management & representation
- Establish professional working relationships within the Local Authority Area.
- Work within an agreed schedule, including attendance at handovers, case review meetings, service update meetings and case conferences.
Assessment & Support Planning
- Provide visiting support to all residents working onsite on a regular basis at an allocated property.
- Complete a baseline assessment as a basis to develop support plans for each individual. This will be done through the completion of a thorough assessment using the Holistic Needs Assessment tool and other assessments.
- Develop a Housing Support Plan addressing areas arising from the assessment through setting goals and assisting the client reach goals.
Client centred approach
- Work within Best Practise Professional Boundaries ensuring that clients are consulted and involved in both the operation of the service, and their own goal attainment.
- Operate within a case management system assisting clients to progress to and sustain long term accommodation, ensuring that the client’s support plan is implemented, regularly reviewed and appropriate to their current needs.
- Maintain an active caseload of 25 clients of which membership will be single persons, couples and families with children.
- Access appropriate health and care facilities
We are looking for an individual with a degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of 3 years experience working in a social care setting, who is client centred and committed to providing the highest levels of quality service.
Dublin Simon Community works to prevent and address homelessness and provides services at all stages of homelessness to enable people to move to a place they can call home.
Dublin Simon Community has been awarded the Excellence Through People accreditation for the past 3 years. This standard is achieved by organisations that have best practice Human Resource Systems in place, particularly in the area of staff training and development, communication, and staff involvement in the decision making processes in the organisation.
What We Promise
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Dynamic & Varied Role
- Diverse Work Environment
If you are interested in applying please e-mail the attached application form to the e-mail address above.
Application form here
Normal recruitment process will apply. A Full Job Description is available on request.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday the 28th of June 2016
Main Purpose of the Job:
Develop and implement marketing promotions and communications strategies that help increase brand awareness and customer engagement across all customer groups.
- Drive awareness of the BETDAQ brand to increase market share.
- Ensure all BETDAQ communications are within the brand guidelines and delivered in a clear compelling way.
- Responsible for all BETDAQ promotional and sponsorship activities.
- Track performance against KPIs, providing senior management with regular reports to demonstrate ROI as required.
- Monitor and analyse promotion uptake with customers, analyse the return on investment, and present findings to the Commercial Manager.
- Manage key relationships both internal and external to the company.
- Provide external stakeholders and agencies with necessary promotional material and documentation, in line with the promotion strategy.
- Research and implement sticky content from selected third party content providers.
- Manage the end-to-end BETDAQ Tips product on the BETDAQ Group with the goal of growing the proportion of interactive visitors.
- Work with the Management Team and relevant stakeholders to develop promotional activity.
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of promotion analysis to enable to the Commercial Manager to make strategic changes to promotions, communications, or resources if required.
- Work with team to develop a customer acquisition strategy for BETDAQ across online channels.
- Maximise all sponsorship channels for optimum brand exposure.
- Manage the design and maintenance of all on course signage and branding at sponsored races, matches and events.
- Ensure that terms and conditions around promotions are accurate and communicated effectively to customers internal stakeholders.
- Keep abreast with the latest communication and promotion trends within the industry and update the Commercial Manager as required.
Commercial Manager, Commercial Director, Affiliate and SEO Manager, Marketing Executives
Customer Engagement Manager, Commercial Team, Marketing Team
- University degree
- Professional Marketing qualification or equivalent
- Online/Digital marketing qualification
- 2-3 years in a customer Marketing role
- Proven experience working in a service based Marketing Department, particularly with exposure to online/mobile/digital marketing.
- Industry related experience an advantage
- Strong online and mobile digital marketing expertise
- Analytical skills, strong excel capability.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Good working knowledge of Google Adwords and other online marketing tools.
- Knowledge of the betting / gambling industry
Healthcare, Pension, Bonus Scheme, Life Assurance, Disability Benefit, Educational Assistance, Taxsaver commuter tickets, Bicycle to Work Scheme, Non-contributory Sports & Social Club
Please apply here.
One of Ireland’s most exciting start-ups presents a significant opportunity for an enthusiastic digital marketing executive to help lead their digital growth strategy. The ideal candidate should have a creative flare with a willingness to conceive and implement new growth ideas.
Reporting to the CMO you will be responsible for driving continued digital growth and brand engagement through new customer acquisition, retention/loyalty and channel development via SEO, SEM, PPC and social media.
- Content distribution
- Social media management
- Conversion rate improvement and Website Analysis
- Content creation
What we require
- Strong level of motivation & enthusiasm.
- An individual full of ideas for creative, quirky content that helps us stand out from the crowd.
- Well-versed in social media tools.
- Some knowledge of SEO, blogging and content-writing and content-development skills.
- Motivated, flexible, proactive, capable of moving fast, working on own initiative and delivering results in a vibrant environment.
- Experience of utilising the latest digital marketing techniques.
- A strong interest in technology, passion for marketing and strong communication skills.
- Fluency in English both written and oral
- Knowledge of Pulsate products or previous experience in the IT industry will be useful though not essential.
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, commitment, self-belief and achievement-orientation.
- Self- motivated to continuously expand personal and professional knowledge.
- The ability to work with a dynamic and multinational team in addition to the ability to work alone at times.
- An eagerness to work in a high pressured, fast moving and challenging environment.
Desirable but not essential
- Experience working with a CMS (Hubspot / WordPress).
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Some knowledge of video, photography and digital media production process a plus.
- A digital marketing qualification or previous experience a plus.
Attractive salary after probation period
- Individual opportunities for career development
- Great long-term career prospects
- Travel and food expenses included
Sound like you? Please get in touch with your CV today.
Pulsate is a venture backed startup. Our mobile marketing software is aimed at helping enterprise clients better engage with and understand their customers through their mobile app. The Core Products Engage, Locate, Converse and Analyze help clients along various stages of a user's life-cycle within the app.
Push notifications, Location based engagement with geofence and ibeacon technology, instant one-to-one chat and custom analytics to view and act on the data that matters most to clients make up the capabilities of the core products.
Pulsate helps banks, airports, airlines, retailers, hotels and e-commerce apps across the world.
Please apply here.
In February 2016, Paddy Power and Betfair merged to form one of the largest online betting operators in the world: Paddy Power Betfair plc. The merger propelled the enlarged group into the FTSE 50.
The Paddy Power brand boasts an international multi-channel betting and gaming group. The Paddy Power brand is widely seen as one of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe. The Betfair brand is famous for Innovation. Betfair pioneered the betting exchange in 2000 – a product which altered the landscape of the sports betting industry.
Today, Paddy Power Betfair is a force to be reckoned with. We have a market-leading presence in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the USA, as well as a range of B2C and B2B operations across Europe.
Social Media Advertising Executive
Please apply here.
Java developer - Contract 6-12 months Dublin. My client a leading name in their space is in urgent need of a talented and experienced Java Developer to join them on contract basis of 6-12 months.
The developer will work as part of payment project Application Refresh team and deliver high quality Java code for a financial services organisation in Dublin.
The developer will work in a matrix environment on one or more concurrent projects.
- The developer will be fully accountable to the Development Manager(s) for all work assigned, including
o Technical Analysis
o Design and Development
o Unit Testing and Documentation
o Test & Warranty Support
- The developer will work on Agile-based project, and input into the broader organisational model of best practice Agile delivery.
- Senior level Java Developer with extensive hands-on design and development experience on Java 6 and 7, Spring, Hibernate, WebLogic, Struts, XML processing, Oracle, multithreading
- Experience in using design patterns, event driven architecture, and staged pipeline architectures.
- Experience of test driven development, refactoring, use of static analysis tools for code quality, code profiling, performance tuning
- Experience on working on high volume / high transaction projects
- Experience in both front-end and back-end development.
- Strong experience in Agile project delivery (mandatory). Any experience as Agile Scrum Master would be advantageous, though not mandatory.
- Experience in using Jira Agile
- Experience in Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Confluence etc. would be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of UK payment domain would be advantageous
- Bachelors or Masters in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Experience with banking/financial platforms would be advantageous.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in then please drop me a CV so we can speak in more detail
Please apply here.
CustomKing is looking to hire a smart-thinking, creative, digital-savvy individual for the role of Marketing Manager. The role has been created to manage and drive an ambitious marketing strategy to fuel the next stage of growth. It will be a digitally-focused, highly analytical role, and will provide an awesome opportunity for any young, driven marketer to lead the marketing drive for a startup company. Based out of the Invent Centre on the DCU campus, this role also represents a chance to gain experience in a fast-moving, startup environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Crafting and implementing a comprehensive marketing strategy across multiple channels and executing in conjunction with cross-functional department leads.
- Managing pay-per-click advertising campaigns across search and social media platforms.
- Working with agency partners to create compelling written and visual content for digital and social channels.
- Creating marketing collateral for packaging, ambassador toolkits and other promotional executions.
- Capitalising on all opportunities to create a deeper, richer connection with our consumers and target market either before, during or after sale.
If you think you might be the perfect fit for this type of role, make sure to connect with us. We’d love to hear more about you!
Please apply here.